Monday 8 September 2014

Insights from Baku

I spent the last two months in Baku. To be more precise it was in the outskirts of Baku that I spent hours watering our little garden of roses, grapes and figs that we grow there.
Being in such close contact with the earth is an interesting feeling. As you are under 50 degrees heat and you water your plants, you can't help but feel their thirst and enjoy the watering emotionally. Then every morning, at dawn, you wake up to see these beauties grow bigger and more beautiful. It is incredibly inspiring to see the earth give birth to so much goodness...

Then at some point, as you enjoy the beauty of these creations, you can't help but think: how did evil come into this world? Did it grow from a seed? What seed did it grow from? Which plant brought it in? What root did it grow from? How did it find its way into our earth? Maybe it is the sky that is evil and the falling rain carries the evil on earth? These questions remain unanswered for me..And most importantly:  Did this evil sneak into me too?
I spent some time thinking about these questions and the only thing that helped ease my mind was to carry on watering and believing that my plants will only bring goodness to our earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment